1. Type of personal data:
ChipTech Twente collects and processes for the purpose of all its services only ordinary personal data, such as name and address, date of birth and contact details (e-mail, telephone number, etc).
2. Rights of data subjects
As regards personal data collected/processed, data subjects have the right to:
- correction: if you believe that the data, which ChipTech Twente has collected and/or recorded from you, are factually incorrect and/or incomplete you can request a correction of this personal data.
- inspection: you have the right to request a full overview of the personal data ChipTech Twente has recorded about you.
- oblivion: in certain cases you have the right to be forgotten. This means that you can request ChipTech Twente to delete all data about you.
- withdrawal of consent: you have previously given (explicit) consent to ChipTech Twente for the use of your data, but now withdraw that consent.
- objection (art. 21 AVG): you object to the processing of your data under art. 21 of the AVG. Under circumstances, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data. This is only possible if ChipTech Twente processes your data on the basis of general or common interest, not if there is a legal obligation.
- restriction: the processing of your personal data is temporarily stopped. You can invoke this right, for example, if you are not sure about the accuracy of the data that ChipTech Twente processes about you. A ‘request for restriction’ does not involve deletion of your personal data. After all, it must remain possible to undo the restriction you have requested.
- Data portability: you have the right to ‘portability’ of your personal data. You will then receive a copy of your personal data as processed by ChipTech Twente.
3. Special and/or sensitive personal data
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are under 16 years of age and/or to collect special personal data. Unless they have parental or guardian consent. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities, in order to avoid collecting data on children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without such consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete this information.
4. Purpose of data processing
ChipTech Twente processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending you our newsletter and/or advertising folder;
- Calling or emailing you if necessary to perform our services;
- To inform you about changes to our services and products;
- To deliver goods and services to you.
We may also collect your data if you leave them on the ChipTech Twente websites in order to keep you informed of various activities.
5. Automated decision-making
ChipTech Twente does not make any decisions based on automated processing about matters that could (significantly) affect individuals.
6. How long we keep personal data
ChipTech Twente will not retain your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. The personal data we collect are kept for 14 months after the last contact. This is to keep those involved informed about our services.
7. Sharing personal data with third parties
ChipTech Twente shares your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary to perform the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We conclude a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
8. Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
ChipTech Twente uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone the first time you visit this website. On your first visit to our website, we have already informed you about these cookies and asked your permission to place them.
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser to no longer store cookies. In addition, you can also delete any information previously stored via your browser settings.
Third parties also place cookies on this website. These are, for example, advertisers and/or the social media companies.
9. Data protection
ChipTech Twente takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
10. Photography at events
If you are present at a ChipTech Twente event, it is possible that you may be photographed. ChipTech Twente considers it a legitimate interest within the framework of the AVG to use the photos taken on our Social Media channels. If you are in a photo and would like the photo to be removed, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a week of receiving it.
11. Filing a complaint?
ChipTech Twente would also like to inform you that you have the possibility of submitting a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). You can do so via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
Last modified: 25-09-2022
ChipTech Twente may amend this privacy statement from time to time. An updated privacy statement will apply from the date as stated here.